Monday, July 13, 2009

Vacancy

Fanini is off visiting my brother and sister-in-law. Sanini and the boys are off visiting relatives. I've got the house to myself for 5 whole days! Here's my to do list:
  1. Lie in (a clean) bed with an absorbing novel and an un-lidded drink.
  2. Let the dishes stack up.
  3. Look in the fridge at 7:45 p.m. and say, "hmm, what should I have for dinner"?
  4. Tidy my bureau and put out fresh flowers in the irreplacable, fragile vases.
  5. Decide to go to a movie on the spur of the moment.
  6. Plan ambitious landscaping project. Stroll about the neighborhood plant nursery.
  7. Clean the kitchen floor. Once.
  8. Get all my personal ablutions completed before exiting the house.
  9. Call lots of people on the phone.
  10. Make a list of everything that has to get done. Write blog instead.

Yes, I've pretty much got that list completed. Except for the flowers. I couldn't be bothered to pick them. That smacks of yard maintenance, and I'm on vacation.

I'm reminded of my dad's joke about vacation: First prize--One Week's Vacation! Second Prize--Two Weeks' Vacation.

The quiet is nice, but I'd rather not do this long term. I'd rather be with my people.

No comments:

Post a Comment