- Lie in (a clean) bed with an absorbing novel and an un-lidded drink.
- Let the dishes stack up.
- Look in the fridge at 7:45 p.m. and say, "hmm, what should I have for dinner"?
- Tidy my bureau and put out fresh flowers in the irreplacable, fragile vases.
- Decide to go to a movie on the spur of the moment.
- Plan ambitious landscaping project. Stroll about the neighborhood plant nursery.
- Clean the kitchen floor. Once.
- Get all my personal ablutions completed before exiting the house.
- Call lots of people on the phone.
- Make a list of everything that has to get done. Write blog instead.
Yes, I've pretty much got that list completed. Except for the flowers. I couldn't be bothered to pick them. That smacks of yard maintenance, and I'm on vacation.
I'm reminded of my dad's joke about vacation: First prize--One Week's Vacation! Second Prize--Two Weeks' Vacation.
The quiet is nice, but I'd rather not do this long term. I'd rather be with my people.